Originally written May 11th, 2017
Lane Williams came to talk to us about the News and Journalism emphasis, but also gave us a lot of great tips to make it in the industry. He mentioned that our careers started when we began school, they do not start when we graduate. This really hit home to start looking for opportunities to grow and expand in my career now instead of later.
I also learned a few things about this industry that relates to my video production emphasis. Because everyone has access to deliver and receive news, journalism is transforming. We are all journalist in a way when we comment on something happening in real time. He also made a point to have us think critically about the news and not fight change, but embrace it when it comes to media.
Naperville, IL | (201) 667-3070 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Lucid Dream Software
Elk Grove, IL 60007
My experience and leadership roles, as well as my drive to work make me an ideal candidate for an internship at Lucid Dream Software. Your company has an amazing reputation and legacy, and I know that my work experience and education can be a great asset to that legacy. I’ve had leadership roles in customer service for several years, and I am improving my video productions skills every day.
Currently, I am taking a video editing class, a film editing class, as well as communication classes that reinforce connecting and working with others. I am also an assistant manager at the restaurant I work at, where I support other team members and the management team to ensure customer satisfaction. I am sure that I can put these skills to use at Lucid Dream Software, as well as improve and learn from the top video production agency in the area.
I look forward to contacting you within a week to talk about the possibility of an interview. Should you have any questions before that time, you may reach me via email or phone.
Thank you for your consideration.
Permanent: 1693 Ithaca Dr, Naperville, IL 60565
(C) 201-667-3070 • email@example.com
Old Navy Naperville, IL
Shipment Specialist/Cashier October 2008 – January 2011
- Demonstrated communication skills and attention to detail to enhance the customer experience.
- Utilized cash register to process transactions and balanced the drawer.
- Successfully executed the shipment process and presentation of merchandise with the shipment team.
Olive Garden Downers Grove, IL
Service Professional/Certified Trainer November 2011 – Present
- Works in fast-paced, customer service- and teamwork-centered environment.
- Adheres to sanitation and safety control policies to protect other team members and customers.
- Maintains a professional and friendly line of communication with customers.
- Responsible for handling cash transactions effectively and balancing the drawer to ensure there are no shortages.
- As a certified trainer, ensures other members of the service team are equipped with the knowledge needed to properly serve customers and uphold service standards of the restaurant.
- As a service professional, assisted the service team and worked with management to improve sales.
- Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint proficiency
- Adobe Creative Cloud proficiency.
- Experience with WordPress
- Bi-lingual: fluent in Spanish and English
- Typing speed: 35 WPM
- Ability to complete data entry with 10 key by touch